world/kids

in Gossip Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:50 pm
by Chill | 298 Posts | 298 Points

I have a question for you guys... Why the world is going down more and more.. I mean, the children are just unrespectful and are insulting, with 8 years, and i´m 16. Did you do that in the past? Did you insulted an older guy, or you had respect? I can´t understand it, what is the reason that just happened? Could anyone explain it?

Scroll up

RE: world/kids

in Gossip Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:17 pm
by Baruch | 647 Posts | 647 Points

I think best thing to do is to stop insulting children.

Haha I'm so funny.

Scroll up

in Gossip Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:27 pm
by Chill | 298 Posts | 298 Points

this is a seriously topic for me, don´t joke that much....

Scroll up

in Gossip Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:46 pm
by schaf | 106 Posts | 106 Points

just to put things a bit into perspective...

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint".
(Hesiod, 8th century BC)

"The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."
(From a sermon preached by Peter the Hermit in A.D. 1274)

i guess it was always that way... (in a way) ...

Scroll up

in Gossip Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 pm
by Baruch | 647 Posts | 647 Points

:o I was really serious man. Children insult people because they see insults everywhere

Haha I'm so funny.

Scroll up

in Gossip Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:06 pm
by miro | 2.782 Posts | 2783 Points

1. Schaf , miro baaaaaaaahs :)

2. But I guess there is something else, too. Humanity is for the first time in this state we have atm. Gobal World, Information Society, Individualism, Capitalism, Changing social structure. This mix can lead to another way of reflection...

Last edited Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:07 pm | Scroll up

in Gossip Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:15 am
by para | 492 Posts | 492 Points

I didn't insult older people on purpose when I was a child, but from time to time there might have been situations, that I don't remember correctly or sth. similar, so others might have been insulted by my childish self from the past, but I don't remember, because I was A PERFECT CHILD WITH NOTHING WRONG ON HIM!!!

But overall I think Schaf has a point here. It's all about perceptions and the cycle of life. Young life has to search for a place for its young values and needs to learn a lot through conflicts. You might just be a lot more sensitive to this thematics, because you're on the verge of getting old. Don't become an ol' grouch.

(^_^)

Scroll up

in Gossip Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:39 pm
by Robtics | 522 Posts | 522 Points

I think your age plays a big role aswell, your way of thinking changes and you behave more grown up ... thus, you feel things differently aswell! i support miros view:

the world is flat! globalisation leads to a increasing velocity of life, children get influenced from all around the world and what you might have thought was funny with 12 is now subject for children around 10
and keep in mind that, although the children are influenced so much, they lack the social experience you have!

Last edited Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:39 pm | Scroll up

in Gossip Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:23 pm
by miro | 2.782 Posts | 2783 Points

Exactly.

Thinking & Feeling. Haha, that reminds me on a proverb that hati often used:

"When the cats not in the house, the mice will play. But who is who?"

Last edited Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:23 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1273 topics and 10928 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen