I just got an idea of a nice event, I'd like to know what you guys think about it :)
How fast can someone go from one base to another ?
Ideally I'd like to make a video showing some of best runs, with some commentaries :)
The rules are simple :
- You start from the base of your choice
- The run starts when you pick the flag, and ends when you score
- 3 different categories : SMG, AR, AR+nades
- You start with full ammo, full health, full armor
- You can take pickups during the run
- Using other players is forbidden (hitpush or collision)
- The demos of best runs will be recorded by server and verified
- You don't use alias
I could make a gema-like server that records what times the players do, and that makes it easier to play (individual flags, no damage to others, individual pickups, !reset).
The goal is to make an event that gema players & fps players are interested in. The runs are very short (~10s), so I think it's accessible to fps players. I'd like to mix gema skills with the most played official maps. The category AR+nade is funny I think, and will really show how far you can go ^^.
I'm thinking about these maps :
- ac_desert3 short/mid
- ac_desert3 long
- ac_depot short
- ac_depot long
I chose the maps which are commonly played, and which are interesting in routing and running. Basically, I removed the maps where you just have to rush in a straight line, and where the path to take is obvious. I think ac_desert3 long and ac_depot long are interesting categories, that's why I added them.