Winter Solstice

in Gossip Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:58 am
by miro | 2.782 Posts | 2783 Points

Wish you all a very nice Winter Solstice! May the light return to us :)

What do you think? Should we celebrate the more nature-orientated Events like our ancestors did or should we continue to celebrate Events like Christmas which were brought to us by christians and the Roman Empire? Or should we create new ones?

Warning! My Opinion! Don´t read without caution! xD

For my part there is no Jesus and such god stuff. I don´t like the idea to serve a non existing god and ""his"" debt-driven philosophy. The Bible is for me just a bad written book. Well there are some points in it. But overall not my thing. Just a bad copy of its asian origins. ...AND i like to celebrate things which give me a reason to celebrate. I just dont see any reason in christmas. I am way more in the original idea of this celebration: to celebrate the darkest night of the year and the return of the light. The deeper thoughts of the bible are expressing in my opinion (besides some good aims about how to handle the human nature) basics for capitalism. But ye...

What do you think?

Last edited Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:00 am | Scroll up

RE: Winter Solstice

in Gossip Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:34 am
by Baruch | 647 Posts | 647 Points

fire... winter... vodka

Haha I'm so funny.

Scroll up

in Gossip Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:20 am
by Robtics | 522 Posts | 522 Points

in my area we still celebrate Osterfeuer and stuff ... I dont know? Do the other germans know it? Its basically a big fucking fire, loads of drunk people and a human doll filled with fireworks at the top of the stack of wood :D

(and its the best day of the year :D )

Last edited Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:21 am | Scroll up

in Gossip Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:34 am
by miro | 2.782 Posts | 2783 Points

Love it! Osterfeuer is really nice :)

Scroll up

in Gossip Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:11 am
by para | 492 Posts | 492 Points

I never saw that human doll... but I know all the rest a little more, than I feel comfortable with... ;D

Our village always had the largest Osterfeuer... and the hardest drinking excesses... followed by some troublemaking at around 1 am ;D

Last edited Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:12 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1273 topics and 10928 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen