Talking about AC while drinking beer

in @ .45 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:40 pm
by Baruch | 647 Posts | 647 Points

Hey guys and gurls

I'd like to have your point of view about something, have a seat. You want a beer ? Here take :) How was your day ? Ah ok I see thats interesting. Yeah lot of stuff to do these days, but good things will happen soon :)

Yeah I wanted to know about your ideas to make AC better. For example, what do you think is missing in AC right now to make it even better ? Please don't think about what is doable or not, just tell me what you have in mind :)

And also what do you think makes AC such a good game ? Like why do you play this game and not some other ?
For example, what is there in AC that is not in other games, and what other games have that AC lacks ?

I'd be really thankful if you could think about these questions and give me serious answers :)

If you need some more beer, just ask.

Haha I'm so funny.

Scroll up

RE: Talking about AC while drinking beer

in @ .45 Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:55 pm
by para | 492 Posts | 492 Points

*gulp*

1. There should be an All-Weapon-Headshot-Mode! I miss it so much from CS.

2. Friendly Fire off Option for publics...it just sucks getting killed over and over again by your moron teammates... (if it already exists it would be nice to have some servers doing it! It's a gift of god!)

3. A real 3D-Engine which brings more power for a lower price (moar FPS with lower hardware requirements)

That's about it for the moment. I'll see, if some of your ideas inspire me to more visions. *grabs another beer*

Scroll up

in @ .45 Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 am
by Todesgurke | 1.295 Posts | 1294 Points

beer O.o nice!
*grabs one*
*reads para's ideas*
*thinks that para's ideas are already awesome*
*finished first beer*
*grabs another one*
*thinks himself now*
mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1. Good working anticheat clients and anticheat software (Hacker get banned from the public server instantly).

2. Hitfixed for everyone (not sure if this is already fixed with para's idea of the 3D-Engine...)

3. More power for sniper, less AR kickback, lower SMG spread

4. Special gema client for gema servers, so you can only join with that client maybe... i dunno :o

5. Fixing every bug of an official map (des3, ingress...)

*finished second beer*
*burps*
*grabs third*

6. more even official maps: no aqueous, arid....

7. Different Hitboxes: atm the hitboxes are even, so it does not matter if you hit the feet or the belly, but i guess you should change something like:
Hitting feet = lower damage made, but enemy runs slower
Hitting belly = as atm
Hitting Head = gets killed faster

8. More enjoyable official maps, a lot of player do not like depot, outpost or keller because you have less action...

9. no sticking at other player... (i hate it when i try to run away on pub and i stick to my teammate...)

10. theres nothing atm what i could add :DD so i make my beer empty :D

*last burp*
*takes a "good night beer"*

I like Separ's beer too
Last edited Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:37 am | Scroll up

in @ .45 Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:30 pm
by Robtics | 522 Posts | 522 Points

Hmm I like AC for its simplicity! This also includes the hitbox, I think Todesgutkes idea about it would drastcally change gameplay!

There isnt much I would want to see added, the common should be fixed!

And then I'd want to see more balanced maps, more vary on pubs! There are many nice custom maps that never get played... its always d3, shine :(

Scroll up

in @ .45 Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 pm
by miro | 2.782 Posts | 2783 Points

I am against Headshots for all weapons. A game should never be real, it should run a good system :) You would outbalance Siper with this.

Last edited Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 pm | Scroll up

in @ .45 Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:31 pm
by Baruch | 647 Posts | 647 Points

Zitat
1. Good working anticheat clients and anticheat software (Hacker get banned from the public server instantly).

Yeah you're right, anticheat is important. The thing is, because the code of AC is open source, it's really easy to change the client to be able to cheat. So the solution imo would be to deal with anticheat server side.
I think server owners should be able to declare their server as official or not (in some config file). If the server is official, then the masterserver checks frequently if the server bin is the official one. This way, players would be able to know if the server is certified or not, and if they can trust it (for example when playing matches).
If an official server detects a cheater, it sends his ip and the demo to the masterserver. Moreover, any player can report a cheater when playing on an official server, and the information goes to masterserver.
The masterserver has a automated database of cheaters. This database is sent frequently to servers, this way a cheater is automatically banned on every official server.

Zitat
2. Hitfixed for everyone (not sure if this is already fixed with para's idea of the 3D-Engine...)

I don't know how hitfix works, and where the bug comes from. It's just something which needs to be fixed in server code. Maybe it will be in 1.2 ?

Zitat
3. More power for sniper, less AR kickback, lower SMG spread

More power for snipers ? :o
By kickback, you don't mean recoil right ? I think the AR recoil shouldn't be reduced, but its damage lowered. Instead, I think the SMG spread should be increased. What do you think about shotgun and carbine, do you think we should keep / change them ?

Zitat
4. Special gema client for gema servers, so you can only join with that client maybe... i dunno :o

Yeah I'd like a gema dedicated masterserver

Zitat
5. Fixing every bug of an official map (des3, ingress...)

I'm not aware of them, but of course you're right.

Zitat
6. more even official maps: no aqueous, arid....

Yeah about this, I think that official maps should not be understood as "match maps". It's nice to have a lot of official maps, for example ac_douze is a nice map and shouldn't be removed from official maps, but ofc it's not a serious ctf match map.

Zitat
7. Different Hitboxes: atm the hitboxes are even, so it does not matter if you hit the feet or the belly, but i guess you should change something like:
Hitting feet = lower damage made, but enemy runs slower
Hitting belly = as atm
Hitting Head = gets killed faster

Hmm I don't like this idea, I fear it would make the gameplay less instinctive and simple, which is imo one of AC's good points.

Zitat
8. More enjoyable official maps, a lot of player do not like depot, outpost or keller because you have less action...

Yeah devs should be more open to add new maps...

Zitat
9. no sticking at other player... (i hate it when i try to run away on pub and i stick to my teammate...)

Do you mean removing player collisions ? (you can run through a player) Or maybe just remove it between teammates.

Zitat
1. There should be an All-Weapon-Headshot-Mode! I miss it so much from CS.

What is that ? :o

Zitat
2. Friendly Fire off Option for publics...it just sucks getting killed over and over again by your moron teammates... (if it already exists it would be nice to have some servers doing it! It's a gift of god!)

Yeah it should be an option for servers (for example in config file).

Haha I'm so funny.

Scroll up

in @ .45 Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:04 pm
by para | 492 Posts | 492 Points

Oh, I forgot one very important thing:

I really HATE the concept of not being able to shoot through pickups and flags (!)...

1. there is a client, which doesn't have this restriction and it is considered a cheat by most of the people in the community (afaik).

2. if you want to argument with realism: A piece of cloth is no kevlar! And ammo packs as well as medpacks don't float twisting in mid air! Not to mention they POP UP out of NOTHING pretty often during a map and in the least acceptable moments in firefights... (!!!)

Why not generally allow shooting through pickups? I don't even dare to ask for possibilities of wallbanging (good ol' CS style), but pickups? Come on! It's like walls popping out of the ground and magic items providing cover on the one hand and confusion on the other. Really pissed me off alot while playing AC.

Being able to take cover shouldn't include items you can pickup. There is no realism in this setting, as the whole concept of "picking up ammunition boxes instantly and running without slowing down and not bleeding while 4 hp...." you got the point? ;)

So just stop acting like these game items would be iron walls. :)

Last edited Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1273 topics and 10928 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen