10 directors to watch :)

in watch Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:43 pm
by miro | 2.782 Posts | 2783 Points

The Order is: from easy to interpret to really hard to interpret
(its no "clean" order - sometimes it depends by the movie // the first 8 directors you can watch without interpreting but if you do you will have access to 100% and in severe cases to 500% more information sometimes)

Sofia Coppola
Satoshi Kon
Kim Ki Duk
Stanley Kubrick
Carlos Reygadas
Lars von Trier
Jim Jarmusch
Woody Allen
Abbas Kiarostami (may not be understandable without doing some research before)
James Benning (you have to read a lot before you can watch this - only for pros xD)

Last edited Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:01 pm | Scroll up

RE: 10 directors to watch :)

in watch Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:22 pm
by para (deleted)

:-O

I only scratched at the surface... interpreted most of the first 8.

Will fast forward to James Benning.

CU in the asylum.

Last edited Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:23 pm | Scroll up

in watch Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 am

Haha :)

If you start with benning: open your mind as far as you can! Let the pictures work!

Scroll up

in watch Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm
by para (deleted)

To say it with the words of "Ian" from Jurassic Park: "I'm simply saying that life, uh, finds a way."

And so will I. :D

Scroll up

in watch Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:10 pm
by kleinkariert • 17 Posts | 17 Points

after staring at the list for more than a year i think its a great selection.

if you like them you should try some movies from Alejandro Jodorowsky and Andrzej Żuławski and maybe Ken Russell (lil bit sleazy here and there). LvT is my favorite btw. :)

Scroll up

in watch Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:51 am

Hey Kleinkariert :)

Nice that you share my odd taste in movies xD But that you spied us over one year is

...just nice. Like a real cineaste!

Oh ye, i will try them. I just love movies of all styles and from all countries. Even Hollywood sometimes xD
LvT is really nice! "The Boss Of It All" is insane funny and this auto-camera fails he built in on purpose... this little troll xD

What are your all-time best 5 movies?

Scroll up

in watch Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:05 am
by schaf | 106 Posts | 106 Points

ok, before i go to bed...

videodrome by cronenberg

stalker by tarkovsky

lost in translation coppola

enjoy

Last edited Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:07 am | Scroll up

in watch Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 am
by S0uLk3R | 404 Posts | 404 Points

I watched this movie last weekend, and have to say its one of the best I have seen, highly recommend to watch it and the director and everyone did such a great job. It is about two indie car racers and it is based on a true story. The trailer is here:

Last edited Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:10 am | Scroll up

in watch Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Oh it´s gettin hot in here :)

I will try to post some trailers too, soon :
)

Scroll up

in watch Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:03 am
by Qriz | 105 Posts | 105 Points

Ohh nice trailers

Scroll up

in watch Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:01 am

I finally decided not to post the 10 best movies in my opinion. I will just post the 10 movies which had the greatest impact on me and which I watched most often again.

1989 - The Masterpiece by Otomo - Best Anime Ever

1995 - Terry Gilliam and his Monkeys...

1996 - The first movie of Sabu as Director

2000 - My personal Nr. 1 & best Role Michael Douglas ever played

2001 - The book already was like the thing it is about... it never lets you go again...

2006 - Best Comedy Movie! By Lars von Trier? Yes! Really!

2007 - A certain band from Iceland...

2007 - Stellet Licht - Drawing with pictures!

2008 - The best Trojan Horse ever xD

2009 - Everytime you watch it, you will watch a different movie. :)

Last edited Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:23 pm | Scroll up

in watch Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:16 pm

its a shame i didnt see even half of this movies. :-o but talking about the ones which had the biggest influence, its definitely "Profondo Rosso" from Dario Argento for me. not just the best Giallo, imo this masterpiece is the best movie ever made. but im sure not everyone would think the same. furthermore LvT's mini series "Riget" had a huge influence on my taste in movies and directors in general. funny, weird, creepy and with god... ahem Udo Kier.

Scroll up

in watch Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:57 am

Riget was amazing! I lend it to someone and never got it back... But then i made a questionable deal to regain it: i traded it for "Inland Empire" with my Arts Teacher. But after 2 years we traded again... So now i am missing it again but i have "Inland Empire" back!!
If you like older movies, too, i could recommend watchin Antonioni, Fellini, Bergmann, Ozon, Resnais... etc... there are so many

Btw: Did you watch this little pearl?

For now i am really interested how you came to your interesting taste in movies. For me it was always like a search in dreamin about a higher reality which only movies can point out. Like a woman would say about sex: Communication on another level I ended up with sneakin into these guys lessons

click this link :)

If you search in the video links you can find some of his lessons in german.

I always dream of making a movie but my life went otherwise atm...

Last edited Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:59 am | Scroll up

in watch Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:24 am

sorry for the late reply.

Zitat von miro im Beitrag #13
For now i am really interested how you came to your interesting taste in movies.
good question and hard to answer, because i never really thought about it. i think its a process (and im still at the beginning ;-) ). if you decide to collect movies you come at a point where you are tired of entertaining only films and open your eyes for different stuff. if you do so you automatically come in contact with people who share your interests etc. etc. . i still watch mainstream cinema too btw (hirn raus, bier rein ), not trying to be elitist or something.

Zitat
Btw: Did you watch this little pearl?

no yet, thanks for the tip!

on a side note: idk if you heard about this upcoming movie, but you might watch it:

Scroll up

in watch Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:27 pm

dw for late reply. I guess in some aspects a forum is even better than a movie: it´s conservating time but you can always continue the story... oh no no... I caught myself atm... I really wanted to start a comparing analysis of clan forums and movies!

To the point that you are still at the beginning.... Ye i always feel the same. Even if i would study it... there is that much to know about movies... I think it´s almost impossible to know everything. Personally I don´t know what to think about that fact. Actually development is a good thing... but there is another thing... I have the feelin that in art & movies some things are that far away, that even if you are really good thinker you just can´t get them if you didn´t study it. In my opinion that´s a "bad" fact and something contemporary artists and directors should think about: not to use knowledge to make movies... no: to find a way to convert knowledge into wisdom to bring it somehow on the way to the audience. Too much things are in their own sky. And that´s a fact why i like for example Jarmusch or Reygadas so much, they don´t overdo it... you still can get them very easy if you open your mind. But in a case where i have to know that in a movie when a shadow pops over the frame for 3 meters and is forming a red book then, that tells you that sequence XD3 will start now in the subconsciousness of this being called movie... that´s just too much i think... I mean that is really interesting, but there is no material provided with the movie to get to know smth about XD3... so you don´t know that it even exists. I mean I am not telling to make borders for creativity... but if you speak in an own language... you should ask yourself if others have the possibilities to learn it, if you wanna be heard. But that´s just my opinion.

Thx for that tip, didn´t heard about it! Looks very interesting! I will def. watch it! :)

Last edited Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:29 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1273 topics and 10928 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen